Thứ Hai, 3 tháng 6, 2013

Wednesday, May 22

I woke up frantically on Wednesday with a rash on the back of my neck. Still with a fever, I was forced to stay in once again. I missed the visit to the Saigon Newport Corporation, a business involved in the exporting and importing many goods. I decided to take a taxi, and meet my group at lunch because I was feeling better. The taxi driver got lost, however. Situations such as these have pissed me off beyond belief. The language barrier is a large struggle, it certainly left me feeling helpless and powerless at times when I was unable to convey what I wanted. After lunch, we visited an investment firm. They are the financiers for the University of Economics and Finance, and have a separate project in luxury condos. We visited the location of the condos, and received a full tour; we even got a chance to visit the roof and take many pictures. The visit was very entertaining, but I was eager to get back to the hotel to take a nap. Ben and I took a long nap, waking up at 830 after everyone else had left for dinner. We found a place quickly on the internet without much thought, but ended up having one of our best meals. We went to Bread and Butter in the backpacker district, and both had a large burger. It was a great catch, just a small restaurant tucked away in a small alley side street. As I near the end of my trip, I have mixed emotions about leaving. It has been such an eye-opening trip, however I also was ready to return to a kitchen full of American food. I usually eat 4-5 meals a day when I'm home, and I remained hungary after my meals still. It will be such a change to be back at home with every food I like back available to me.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét